Subscribe to The Dominium Observer Newsletter!
Email address is required
Invalid email address
Check your inbox now to confirm your subscription.
Oops! You're already subscribed.
Having rectified the ‘oops up’ from Part One, and made a great many tweaks, improvements and changes since then, it’s time for Part Two, and let this part be slightly more successful! Given the spirit of things was to partake… Read More »
Gameplay. Yes, you read right. Finally. I am turning my efforts to gameplay. This series of blog posts (and hopefully video blog posts!) probably won’t particularly read gameplay-ish, but trust me it is. I have chosen a task to complete… Read More »
This past week(ish) has seen some important code improvements going on, with a lot of work being done to fix up the scene management system. I stress ‘fix up’ in a positive sense. It worked, but needed to be made… Read More »
Jubilation! Joy! Rejoice! Etc! For Maggy has eyes… Ok, so a little over the top maybe 😉 but I’ve finally got a workable visibility solution which (whilst still not perfect) means Maggy now only submits what should be visible to… Read More »
My brain is fritzed by the vis-testing fiasco I’m experiencing with Maggy. I’ve spent a week straight doing ‘what it should’ and almost getting it right, then some patch disappears under my camera’s virtual nose when it shouldn’t, and I start… Read More »
This past week or so, whenever I can I’ve been tinkering with the visibility testing, and LOD’ing – but having no real success. Nothing I’m trying seems to either a) work, or b) work as I’d expected. I get something… Read More »
This is very ‘warts and all’ this week. I’ve made some considerable progress moving the terrain deformation onto the GPU with some fantastic early results, but due to the work that needs doing on the patch visibility, and LOD’ing code… Read More »