Subscribe to The Dominium Observer Newsletter!
Email address is required
Invalid email address
Check your inbox now to confirm your subscription.
Oops! You're already subscribed.
My brain is fritzed by the vis-testing fiasco I’m experiencing with Maggy. I’ve spent a week straight doing ‘what it should’ and almost getting it right, then some patch disappears under my camera’s virtual nose when it shouldn’t, and I start… Read More »
This past week or so, whenever I can I’ve been tinkering with the visibility testing, and LOD’ing – but having no real success. Nothing I’m trying seems to either a) work, or b) work as I’d expected. I get something… Read More »
This is very ‘warts and all’ this week. I’ve made some considerable progress moving the terrain deformation onto the GPU with some fantastic early results, but due to the work that needs doing on the patch visibility, and LOD’ing code… Read More »
Experimenting has begun with procedurally generating the terrain surface! Though still early days, I’m keen to explore the results… what’s clear is that getting something that will look superb and perform is an art form, and although I already had… Read More »